Terms & Conditions Real barbers teaching real skills
Enrollment of Hair for Men Academy courses constitutes full acceptance, understanding and agreement to comply with our academy’s terms and conditions as below.
1. All students must have a fully proficient understanding of both written and spoken English. Should you require to bring an interpreter to your course then arrangement of such is the sole responsibility of the student and Hair for Men Academy must be informed at the point of booking. The interpreter must hold a proficient command of both written and spoken English to a high level. The academy reserves the right to refuse a student’s attendance without refund should their interpreter hold an unsatisfactory level of English. All interpreters must strictly not in any way undertake any practical work on behalf of the student.
2. All students attending courses at the academy have full use of professional equipment as provided by the school. If required, students can bring their own equipment to work with such as scissors, combs, clips etc (all must be professionally sterilized at the academy under the guidance of your tutor). As in line with regulatory health and safety fire regulations students can bring preferred electrical equipment to the academy, such as clippers, trimmers, straighteners etc however all items must be presented to the class tutor and professionally checked for safety prior to class use.
3. All students are permitted to notify the academy of any illnesses, allergies, medical conditions or disabilities held at the point of booking prior to starting the course.
4. Hair for Men Academy does not accept any responsibility or liability for loss, theft or damage of student’s personal belongings. Students are responsible for their personal belongings at all times and ensure they are protected and safe.
5. Students whom cause any damage to the academy premises or academy equipment will be liable and charged accordingly.
6. Digital cameras are permitted should students wish to take photographs of their work.
7. All students must be dressed suitably for educational work. We recommend a smart casual dress code, with comfortable shoes (not open toed) and no excessive jewellery that may interfere with the provision of safe barbering client services.
8. All students whom enroll at Hair for Men Academy must be strictly aged 16 or above. A student may be asked to produce legal ID / Proof of age upon registration to their tutor and therefore all students are required to be able to provide such if requested. Failure to provide sufficient ID will result in non enrollment and strictly no refund made.
9. All course payments made to the academy are strictly non-refundable, and no exceptions are made for any circumstance whatsoever, whether personal, unforeseen or medical. All courses require a deposit to secure a place and the remaining balance is required 5 days before your course start date.
10. In the event that you are unable to attend your course the following charges will be applied to reschudule.
- More than 28 days notice – No Charge
- Less than 28 days notice – £150 (re-booking fee)
Please note all deposits and payments to the academy are non refundable.
11. Should a student fail to attend first day registration or fail to complete the duration of the course enrolled upon, strictly no refund or alternate course date will be issued unless a legitimate reason is supplied and the academy manager deems a re-booking is viable.
12. For the purposes of education and marketing, our in house photographer may periodically take pictures throughout the year of a class in session if required by our academy.
13. In the rare unforeseen event of severe tutor sickness during any given session, class will be dismissed for the day and any tutorial hours missed will be provided via extra hours scheduled throughout the course to ensure full tuition is received by course completion.
14. In the rare circumstance that you are unhappy with the training provided you should make the lead tutor/director aware during your course or before leaving the academy. This allows us to work with you to resolve any matters.